HR Officer (part-time)
Corus Technologies Ltd (t/a CGA Technologies) is a UK registered company established in 2011 to strengthen monitoring and management of information, resources and service delivery and is active in a number of African countries, supporting basic services and information management systems in the social development and education sectors.
CGA Technologies is part of Corus International, a worldwide organisation that aims to help reduce poverty and support human development in tough places.
Currently the role involves remote working. Base location is flexible but ideally in the UK. Applicants from outside the UK will be considered if they are an up to date member of a UK Professional HR Institute.
We are looking for a Central Human Resources Officer in a wide-ranging role developing systems, policies and processes, with responsibility for all HR tasks with specific tasks as follows:
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Reporting to the CFO and working closely with Financial Controller, CFO, country office teams and parent company HR colleagues.
- Taking a pro-active lead on organisation wide HR policy.
- Liaising with CGA US based parent Corus International, ensuring alignment in HR practices, explaining and managing differences between UK and US HR practice.
- Creating Creation of all new Staff Contracts, both for permanent staff on payroll and for all Country/Project staff working on a time limited basis.
- Liaising with Country/Project managers to ensure that all current staff/contractors are working under current and accurate contracts.
- Liaising with Project Managers to ensure that all staff due to work on a new project have accurate contracts in place.
- Liaising with Country Staff to ensure that all Local laws/practices regarding employment and employees are adhered to.
- Being point of contact for all new hires, providing advice on recruitment processes/salary.
- Being the contact point for all Central hires including preparation of Job Spec/JD, adverts, engagement with recruitment consultants, assisting with shortlist selection and being part of interview panels.
- Processing all new Staff hires including processing references, ensuring new recruits receive contracts and all relevant documents.
- Ensuring New recruits complete and sign contract/all relevant disclosures/declaration/confirmation of company policies.
- Ensure New recruits supply relevant Police/authority checks.
- Maintenance/upkeep of the CGA Safeguarding matrix.
- Assist in the upkeep of the Positive Business, Ethics and Conduct Policy and ensuring all staff have received appropriate training on this policy.
- Implementing additions/deletions of staff on payroll system, ensuring Tax and Pension changes are correct, supporting finance in ensuring timely and accurate submissions to HMRC and Smart Pension.
- Maintenance of Pension Scheme (currently Smart Pensions) including dealing with all submission/correspondence/queries.
- Assisting the Remuneration Committee.
- Having an active role in DEI initiatives.
- Be point of contact for any Staff complaints/grievances, ensuring that correct procedures are followed in a confidential and sensitive manner.
- Being the point of contact for any Staff training requests/requirements.
- Managing the Staff appraisal process.
- Any other HR tasks as needed.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn complex issues quickly.
- Enthusiastic, responsive and a flexible working style.
- Solutions based, with supportive attitude.
- Developed communication skills.
- Strong administrative and co-ordination experience.
- Experience in HR work, preferably with an international (development sector useful but not essential) and/or decentralised organisation.
- Experience and proficiency running payroll systems.
- Experience with PAYE/N.I. and UK Government backed pension schemes.
- Experience with dealing in Safeguarding/Ethics issues.
- Experience with or knowledge of the United States systems and practices is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Qualified CIPD (Desirable)
.2 FTE £28,000- £36,000
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to @email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.