Social Protection & Cash Systems Lead
About CGA Technologies
We are a UK-registered consultancy established in 2011 that works to strengthen monitoring and management of information, resources and service delivery across a range of developing and fragile states, particularly in Africa. We build use-case-focused systems to distribute cash and manage data efficiently and transparently in low-resource settings, with a particular focus on working to strengthen service delivery in the social protection sector and beyond.
CGA Technologies is part of Corus International, an ensemble of organisations working in concert to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to overcome these interrelated challenges. Together with our local partners, we reduce poverty at the same time as improving communities’ health.
This role can be remote, or based within one of our country offices. Flexibility could be afforded to timezones and travel hubs within Europe and sub-Saharan Africa or, potentially, US ET. At least regular travel to and within project countries will be required.
As Social Protection (SP) and Cash Lead, you would be shaping our Social Protection and Cash programme, leading the technical and policy direction of a small number of projects and activities, and contributing to business and programme development.
Internally, you will be expected to coordinate project and technological teams in the system-level and programmatic design and delivery, ideally spanning cash programming in both the development and humanitarian spheres. This is anticipated to include developing cash programming strategy; manage the set-up of new programmes; oversee the design, development, piloting and deployment of related digital platforms and processes; in addition to managing progress, budgets and workplans, and maintaining rigorous team and client coordination and communication.
Where necessary, you will work closely with implementing partners and clients to shape programme-wide strategy, policy and wider advocacy around cash programmes.
You will report directly to our Managing Director and be responsible for the quality of all deliverables under your programmes.
- Passionate and people-focused: we value a relational approach to development and leadership.
- Values-driven – impact-led and motivated by a commitment to poverty reduction
- Creative and opportunity-oriented: we are excited by can-do attitudes that look beyond immediate delivery to identify pathways towards greater impact and learning.
- Self-motivated: working remotely with a range of personnel across multiple time zones requires focus and flexibility. We are looking for someone who will maintain positive project momentum.
- Setting strategic direction, while maintaining a firm grasp of the detail required to ensure high quality delivery
Required skills and experience
- Project management and direction – conducting administrative and team management as well as setting technical and programmatic direction and quality assurance.
- Experience in developing and evaluating SP policy and liaising with government in implementation.
- Sectoral coordination and influence – project outputs and outcomes will shape at least national-level decision-making, so this role must be able to confidently and efficiently coordinate with a range of government counterparts, and other programmatic/donor/UN/NGO stakeholders.
- Impeccable communication, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Technical oversight – must be able to assess and support (with support from technology team) system implementation (ensuring continuous alignment between client requirements and technical staff approach), supporting troubleshooting and identifying system areas for evolution throughout programme lifespan.
- Business Analysis experience – identifying clients’ needs and requirements; supporting the design of solutions in-line with those; and overseeing the development and implementation of systems and strategy
- Experience and thought leadership within the sector (track record of relevant publications are desirable).
- Support development of internal organisational reporting, planning and development processes.
- Business Development experience (desirable).
- Analytical skills including data, policy and political economy.
- 7+ years’ experience in senior roles on social protection, cash programmes, humanitarian assistance programming or similar.
- Familiarity with basic Tech4dev approaches and processes desirable.
- Familiarity with data/MIS tools and development a bonus.
- Availability to travel regularly to fragile/ remote areas necessary.
- Fluency in English essential; French desirable.
- BA necessary, MA in international development, ICT, finance or similar relevant qualifications desirable
To apply, please send an up-to-date CV and a cover letter of no more than 2 pages to email@example.com by Sunday 12 February midnight GMT. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the deadline.
Due to limited resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.